Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Visual Layout

Mukeshy12390
8 - Asteroid

Hi Experts , 

I wanted to know , has anyone ever encounter issue with "Visual Layout".

last time I had developed one project and used "Visual Tool" in workflow but due to recent upgrade in Altertx I lost all page setup setting I had created.

Earlier verson  : 11.5

Current Version : 2019.3.5.17947

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mukesh Y

10 REPLIES 10
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Mukeshy12390,

The visual layout tool has been in beta for many years and will probably stay that way. I'd recommend using the normal layout and reporting tools to build your visualizations.

It's a bit more work but will really help you in the long run.

Mukeshy12390
8 - Asteroid

Thanks David.

one more thing , the purpose is to create Invoice with all alignment(left ,right middle and center).

here is the sample invoice

https://www.google.com/search?q=invoice&rlz=1C1GCEV_enIN834IN835&sxsrf=ALeKk03O8iaJ_DVJ5CP3vTuSSYXIF... 

so can it be done by using Normal Layout.

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I've mocked up an example of your invoice with Table and Text tools. In this example, I've put all the data in Text input tools and made sure the column names are repeated across all the text input tools. This way, I can easily line them up with the layout tool.

There are lots of options to play around with in the Report Text, Table and layout tools.

DavidP_0-1590490466761.png

Mukeshy12390
8 - Asteroid

that's really very good example , I'll play around and try to match with my requirement.

thank you so much David!

Mukeshy12390
8 - Asteroid

Hi David - 

Is there any way we can control field width of each individually table. I have been trying to reduce width of "Description" (below Invoice header in invoice)  field in Table 3.

Thanks.

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

You can set the width of each field inside the table by selecting that field and either set is as a fixed width of percentage of total width. You only have to do that for one of the tables, as they're all set to align in the layout tool.

In the attached example, I chose the 3rd table tool.

DavidP_0-1590872035429.png

Mukeshy12390
8 - Asteroid

thanks for reply.

It does affect the width of other table too.

Earlier marked information was in one line now you can see in image it wrapped in two lines.

just wondering is there anyway we could reduce the size without affecting other table's field.

width_Capture.PNG

Mukeshy12390
8 - Asteroid

any view on last post.

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

There are various ways in which you can play around with the vertical alignment. In the below example I broke out the top and bottom 2 sections and used text tools instead of table tools for the Image and Company address. I then used separate join and layout tools to join them with the rest and chose vertical rather than vertical merge and it has different effects.

Feel free to play around and try different things.

DavidP_0-1591352368724.png

Labels