Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

UpdateText Input after calculation in Alteryx

Pascal_R
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I have a text Input which needs to be updated (adding data) after each Alteryx run (only once a day).

You may can help me wich Icons I have to use for that?

Any help is very appreciated.

Regards,

Pascal

5 REPLIES 5
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Pascal_R ,

does "text input" mean, the workflow contains a Text Input tool that needs to be updated once a day or is it a text file? And - if it's a Text Input tool - would it be possible to use a text file instead?

Best,

Roland

Pascal_R
8 - Asteroid

Hi Roland,

Thats a good question.. I try todo the similar I have on Microsoft Database where it simply updates a table within the database.

Not sure what is the best soluation to use a text Input tool or text file to make that work.

Regards,

Pascal

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I think, the best approach (if you don't want to use the database) would be to use a text file. I've attached a sample workflow reading from a text file and writing back to the file to illustrate. What do you think?

Best,

Roland

Pascal_R
8 - Asteroid

Hi Roland

Can you please send me a screenshot of it? I can't open the workflow.

"This workflow was created by a more recent version of Alteryx, and may contain tools or functionality not present in this version. Alteryx does not support using an earlier version of Alteryx to open a workflow created with a newer version. For best results, download the latest version of Alteryx."

Regards,

Pascal

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi Pascal,

of course ...

25-05-_2020_10-16-23.png

And one additional hint - you can change the version by editing the .yxmd file using a simple text editor, set the version number to your version and save the workflow..

25-05-_2020_10-17-00.png

Brest,

Roland

Labels