Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Update multiple in-DB filter

Pliew
6 - Meteoroid

Good day, I have large time series data kept in different databases. To form a single all-in-one table I filter each in-db workflow to the smallest dataset possible before Data Stream Out and join them. Is there a way to update multiple filters in one go?

1 REPLY 1
jgo
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Pliew,

Option that I can think of is instead of using a In-DB filter tool, use a Join In-DB instead to filter your data down.

In the example below, I'm:

• using a Text Input tool to allow me to specify the value to filter on
  • pipe data into the DB's that's being accessed using the "Data Stream In" tool
    • tables within the same DBO can utilize the same stream in tool, otherwise, a new stream in tool will be needed for differing DBO's
  • instead of a filter, perform an Inner Join with the data you streamed in

2016-05-31_16-28-02.png

Of course, this option really only works though if you're attempting to filter on exact values and not a range of values. If you are looking to do a range, it would have to be specified in the text input box or create a workflow that would create all values within the range in a dynamic fashion which is what you'd stream into your DB's. Will definitely require some creativity on your part, but it's certainly possible.

Hope this helps!

Best,

JGo

Labels