Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Update Value with Action tool, based on a case

JamesBills
8 - Asteroid

To the community,

Hoping someone can help me with this. I would like to create a sample of my data, based on a category. In the attached attempted macro i have made it is based on whether the case is Red or Blue (my actual dataset has around 50 different types). I have tried using an action tool to update the validation and estimation values in a create samples tool, but this doesn't work at the moment. In the macro the choice made in the create samples tool gives a 70,20,10 split, (although when i then put the macro into a workflow it gives me (0, 0, 100%). I would like, for example a 80,10,10 split for the blues and 50,40,10 for the reds to be output at the same time. Any thoughts on getting this method to work or another one would be much appreciated. 

Thanks, 

James

ExampleMacro.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
NickC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello James,

Good meeting you yesterday, please see solution attached.

The key to solving this was to put it into a batch macro so that it can process each of the different colours in batches.  Make sure you add the browses after a batch macro to ensure it pulls through all of the data.

Batch Colour.png

Thanks,

Nick

NickC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello James,

Good meeting you yesterday, please see solution attached.

The key to solving this was to put it into a batch macro so that it can process each of the different colours in batches.  Make sure you add the browses after a batch macro to ensure it pulls through all of the data.

Batch Colour.png

Thanks,

Nick

JamesBills
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for the quick reply Nick

That fits exactly what I wanted. Will be reading up more on batch macros for future workflows.

Thanks,

James

Labels