Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Unzip in WF

jbravman_
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I built a workflow for my department a while ago and we've moved to getting automated reports from the Ariba System. Unfortunate it sends it to us in a ZIP file format. After we unzip it, we have a .xls that is actually an HTML, go figure- we want to then take this and turn it into an xlsx that Alteryx can read. 

So.... in short,

The current process is ZIP file hits email, save to shared, unzip, open .xls/html, resave as .xlsx. 

Is there a way to once the zip file is saved to the shared drive, have Alteryx go in and unzip it, take the .xls/html file and convert to .xlsx?

I'm currently rocking 10.6... we'll be upgrading to 18.2... soon **hopefully launch date for us doesn't get pushed back**

Thank you. 

5 REPLIES 5
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @jbravman_

In 10.6 Alteryx supports the reading of Zip files using the input tool!

https://help.alteryx.com/10.6/DataSources/ZipFiles.htm

jbravman_
8 - Asteroid

I get this popup after selecting the file. The problem is the sheet name changes every time the workflow is ran as well as the file name. 

Believe the sheet name changes each time (think it appears as the file name) 

Any idea for a work around? 

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

But you know what the sheet name is going to be?

You can use the dynamic input to read in the zips.

The other alternative is to use the run command tool and 7zip

jbravman_
8 - Asteroid

I have no idea how to build a workflow for that....

When i use the input tool and click the ... next to Enter Excel Sheet name i get a popup saying ''InboundNamePipe:: ReadFile: Not enough bytes read. Overlapped I/O operation is in progress."

jbravman_
8 - Asteroid

Actually turns we have 7ZIP on the server. Do you have instructions on how to setup 7zip for alteryx? 

Labels