Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Unable to read and write to same hyper file

slauerma
5 - Atom

I am running version 2019.4 and I am reading in a Hyper file and trying to write output to the same Hyper file.  It looks like the file is being left open from the read, but is there a way to force it closed?  I have tried the "Block Until Done" and the Crew Macro "Label Block Until Done" with no luck.  Has anyone else experienced this with Hyper files?

Here is the error message:

Error: Output Data (60): Could not connect to the Hyper server.
Context: 0xdd2eba0e

Caused by:
error opening database 'C:\Users\slauerma\Daily Load.hyper':
There was an error during loading database 'C:\Users\slauerma\Daily Load.hyper': database file "\\?\C:\Users\slauerma\Daily Load.hyper" is locked by another process: CreateFileW("\\?\C:\Users\slauerma\Daily Load.hyper"): operation would block
Context: 0xd6232f85

Hyper Error.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @slauerma,

if I see this correctly, the error is caused by the second attempt to write. I'd use the CreW Macro "Wait a second" and configure it to 1-5 seconds. This is usually is enough time for the OS to remove the write-block.

Best

Alex

slauerma
5 - Atom

@alex, @grossal thank you that worked. Just be careful with the Crew Macro: Wait a Second, it pauses between each record, so I just did a sample of the first 10 then the Wait a Second.

johand_erst
7 - Meteor

Hi @SL or @grossal 

Can you explain a bit more where and how to huse the Wait a Second macro by Crew?

I get the error through the scheduler, but when I run the scheduled workflow outside the scheduler, the error does not occur. Would you expect that using this macro has an effect through the Scheduler?

Start: Designer x64: Started running at 2022-04-28 09:30:24
Error: Tool #162: The file "\\s-tableau-..............\fremdrift_dagens_backup.hyper" could not be overwritten.
Error: Tool #158: error opening database 'fremdrift': There was an error during loading database "hyper.file:\\s-tableau-p03\Corona\SAG_kompdata\fremdrift.hyper": The database file "\\?\UNC\s-tableau-..............fremdrift.hyper" cannot be opened in `read-write` mode: CreateFileW("\\?\UNC\s-tableau-..............\fremdrift.hyper"): Access is denied.
Error: Tool #163: error opening database 'fremdrift': There was an error during loading database "hyper.file:\\s-tableau-..............fremdrift.hyper": The database file "\\?\UNC\s-tableau-..............fremdrift.hyper" cannot be opened in `read-write` mode: CreateFileW("\\?\UNC\s-tableau-..............\fremdrift.hyper"): Access is denied.
Error: Tool #166: error opening database 'fremdrift_sidste_backup': There was an error during loading database "hyper.file:\\s-tableau-..............\fremdrift_sidste_backup.hyper": The database file "\\?\UNC\s-tableau-..............\fremdrift_sidste_backup.hyper" cannot be opened in `read-write` mode: CreateFileW("\\?\UNC\s-tableau-..............\fremdrift_sidste_backup.hyper"): Access is denied.
End: Designer x64: Finished running in 6:48 minutes

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @johand_erst,

this looks like a different error as it is telling you 'Access denied'. Are you running the scheduler with the same windows user or a service account? 

Best

Alex

johand_erst
7 - Meteor

Hi @grossal , thanks a lot much for replying! I have created a new post here

Labels