Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Transpose Chain App refresh issue

Raj_2
8 - Asteroid

Dear Experts, I have same challenge with refreshing transpose tool as I m getting multiple files to transpose, Sorry If am reopening this thread, am getting different spreadsheet registers and need to transpose it to make as an upload file to another system.

I tried to create it as a chain app, however the transpose list is not getting refreshed. I need to share this to my different teams so that they can run this by their own.

The images of WF attached, I am getting the input files in diff formats, so trying to filter blank, add dates, and rename emp number to get this a common key field in transpose. The list is then getting saved as yxmd file in first app and then getting through to transpose. But the list is not getting refreshed. Below are two different apps which I will chain it together, my yxdb file is getting refreshed, but transpose tool is still with previous data

1.PNG2.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
JakeS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Raj_2 

Please correct me if I'm not on the same page. It sounds like the "App 2 input.yxdb" is updating correctly from the first app to the next, but the fields to update the transpose tool in the second app are not updating correctly. What interface tool are you using to to update the transpose tool, and how is it configured? A screenshot would be helpful if possible. 

Jake

Jake Samuels

Principal Support Engineer
Alteryx, Inc.
Raj_2
8 - Asteroid

Hi Jake, Thank you for the response.

I am using a list tool, I have attached earlier bother 1 & 2 apps, attaching here now only the app2 and second tool is the transpose. The yxdb file just before transpose tool is updated, but not getting refreshed when I run the work flow. Hope I made it clear.2.PNG

JakeS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Raj_2 

I'm still not certain of the issue you are encountering. I understand that the file "App 2 Input.yxdb" that you are pulling in with your first input tool seems to be updated from the first app you ran, but it sounds like your issue is with the list box tool options not getting refreshed. Is this correct? If so, are you using the  "App 2 Input.yxdb" file to create fields for the list box tool? 

Jake

Jake Samuels

Principal Support Engineer
Alteryx, Inc.
Raj_2
8 - Asteroid

"Update Value" helped me

Labels