Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Tour and Default Settings on Start Up

MadeInHB
8 - Asteroid

I just got a new computer and installed Alteryx on it and registered my key.  Now, everytime I load Alteryx, it resets the view back to the original default view and asks me to start the tour.  I have version 2018.2.6.51223.   Was curious what is causing this and how to make it stop asking for a tour and keep all my settings?

Startup.jpg

22 REPLIES 22
SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

Thanks all for your input on this - the issue is tied to the license not being activated properly (while this can be due to a number of reasons, the solution is simpler):

1. From Designer, go to Options > Manage Licenses and click the Cog on the top right to select View Partner Data License Manager

2. Confirm that your email address is showing in the top right box Machine Serial Number. If it is not, click Edit and enter your serial number

That should be it! If you run into issues with your license after making this change you may need to reactivate. If you run into any issues during this process, please reach out to our fulfillment team at fulfillment@alteryx.com

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
johnd2202
7 - Meteor

I had this same issue and all I did to fix it is deactivate my license and reactivate it. Worked like a champ!

SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi all - just a heads up this was fixed in the latest stable release 2019.2.7.63499 which is now available at www.licenses.alteryx.com

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
Tjabo
6 - Meteoroid

Additional comments to streamline the process.

I would like to add that "machine serial number" = email address.

Do not mind if Alteryx is "locked".

You need to restart Alteryx before it works again.

/Tjabo

sarah_burnett
6 - Meteoroid

Just a note that I recently got a new computer and installed 2019.2.7.63499. This was still an issue for me, so it may not be solved for all cases. 

Same here.  I am still seeing this issue with new users.  Fulfillment needs to resolve this issue asap.

mbogusz
9 - Comet

@SophiaF your solution worked for both me and a coworker today using v2019.3.5.17947.  There was an additional step of having to revoke (or request to revoke) the license key and then re-entering it because Alteryx gave this error message midway through following the instructions.

mbogusz_0-1571938605571.png

rohashah
6 - Meteoroid

This still doesn't work and is extremely frustrating. I tried deactivating and reactivating my license but every time I open alteryx, my settings are reset. This is a huge oversight and extremely frustrating to work with it. Can someone on the alteryx side please prioritize this bug fix?

FM-UoM
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I only have part of this issue - the user settings are saved, but I can't stop the tour pop up each time I open Alteryx.  I'm interested in the comment that there is a Show learning guide at startup option in user settings - that sounds like just what I need to untick, but I don't have that option in my user settings?

Lorenz0
6 - Meteoroid

I am running version 2020.2.3.27789 (Non-Admin installation) and this is unfortunately still an issue.

After deactivating, entering the email as user serial as described above, and reactivating the license, everything works.

Labels