Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Total X months of Data >than X date, by Customer

marcmiller
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all…I've been using Alteryx 2019.3.5.17947 for about a week so I'm fairly new but have used other tools like Tableau.   I've been reading articles for several days trying to find an answer to my dilemma with no luck.  I also looked at several tools including the running total tool and the multi row tool but neither seems to be correct.
Here's my issue - We have a process that requires adding 6 months of order totals after the 'max date' for each customer.  The Data looks like the example below.  There are over 1K customers and 1 M rows.  I've provided an example of what the final output should be.  I think I can figure out how to summarize the results once I figure out how to sum six months of order totals after the max date.  Any help is appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

How about filtering on Order Date >= Max Date and then summing grouped by customer?

marcmiller
6 - Meteoroid

Hi TonyA.  The customer can only receive credit for six months of orders after the max date.

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @marcmiller ,

I added you the two ways to get both of your results:

Sin título.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Regards

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I realized that after I posted. Just need to add another filter.2020-01-29_11-40-40.png

marcmiller
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks TonyA… that worked!

marcmiller
6 - Meteoroid

Hello @afv2688 … thanks so much for responding.  I found another solution that worked so I haven't had a chance to try your recommendation as yet.  I've been curious about the multi-row formula tool so I'm going to try your recommendation later as well.

Labels