Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Tools In Workflow shifted

asifk
8 - Asteroid

Hi

I have had an unusual experience. I prepared a workflow and added it to a client's Gallery.

the workflow runs fine and there are no issues, however if one wishes to download these particular workflows, once imported the tools have shifted.

This is quite alarming as it has shifted to a very difficult place within the workflow, I almost have to zoom out to a maximum and scroll to the very corner of the page and locate 2 of my tool( input tool and select)

Has anyone experienced this issue before and if so how can I resolve it? think of it as an outlier that is furthest away from the dataset

4 REPLIES 4
JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @asifk,

I have seen a similar issue. Does the user happen to be in a country that uses a ',' (comma) for a decimal separator instead of a decimal place '.'?

Jess Silveri
Manager, Technical Account Management | Alteryx
asifk
8 - Asteroid
Hi Jessica

Thank you for your reply.

My client and I are both in South Africa and yes we do have comma separated

Regards
Asif

Sent from my iPhone
JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks @asifk,

This is a known issue that was reported by @MarqueeCrew.  (see this post for more info).

I'll create a case for you and associate it with the project our development team has open on this issue to keep you updated.

Can you try changing your decimal separator to a '.' in windows number settings and let me know if you see the same?

2018-02-20_11-38-11.png

Thanks!

Jess Silveri
Manager, Technical Account Management | Alteryx
asifk
8 - Asteroid

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for the detailed instructions, yes the decimal separator (comma) was the issue. 

Glad I was able to figure this out with your help.

Regards,

Asif

Labels