Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

The correct way to install Alteryx 2018.4 with predictive and Tableau Starter Kit

jthompson789
8 - Asteroid

I'm having challenges when I try to install the 2018.4 version with the predictive and Tableau starter kit.

The issue is the predictive tools do not show all of them.

What is the correct step in installing the new version with the predictive tools set.

4 REPLIES 4
dataMack
12 - Quasar

I generally download the separate components from the licensing portal: Designer and then Predictive tools installer.  Run Designer Installer first, then run the predictive tools installer.  Then you can run the installs for any of the kits like Tableau Starter Kit

jthompson789
8 - Asteroid

Your suggestion worked. The challenge with me installing the newest version was my IT team was trying to do it remotely using a different account and trying to pass this on to me. Ultimately IT had to do the install on my PC using their admin rights and it worked fine.

Thanks for all the help.

Daniel_
5 - Atom

Hi,

I've installed the 2018.4 Alteryx already but when I try to run R Installer as I did it with previous version of Alteryx, it crashes with error "Generic Tool (1): Can't find plugin "AlteryxRPlugin.dll" ".

I tried to manually put directory for Alteryx and its bin directory but this didn't work either.

neeleshapatil1
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Daniel_ 

Could you please confirm if your problem got resolved?

I am also getting same error when tried to run something which using R packages in 2018.4

Labels