Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

TIme taken for install of designer - 2020.2

chris_love
12 - Quasar

So not a question per se, just a comment that I noticed the install of 2020.2 took around 30 mins, there was a long time sat on the screen below. I've not noticed this before so just wanted people to be aware the install has NOT crashed, and it *will* complete (if your experience is the same as mine).

2020-06-03_21-06-14.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
buddy_jones
7 - Meteor

Mine seems to be stuck on a previous screen "Uninstalling Predictive Tool..."  Going for about 15 minutes so far

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

I must have gotten really lucky.  In the past this was always my experience. 

For me that was not the case on 2020.2.  This time it was just under 20 mins start to finish.

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

Mine took quite a bit longer than previous installs. But it is chock-full of goodness.

Thanks,

Seth

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@chris_love,

Longer and longer it seems.  Wouldn't it be nice to have "CORE" installation in foreground and Python and R install in the background.  Or an option to upgrade unattended at night might make the wait less painful.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@MarqueeCrew @chris_love 

I just did the upgrade from the first 2020.2 server release to 2020.2.3 server and timed it with a stopwatch.

I'm curious if you guys could do the same and post your results.

From the time of clicking "run as admin" on the installer to the prompt to install predictive tools: 12 min 54 seconds.

From the time of starting predictive tools install to the prompt for completing install/run now: 2 mins 10 seconds.

Total time (which includes previous version uninstall): 15 mins 4 seconds

It seems odd to me that I used to have this problem of installs dragging on for 45 or 60  or more minutes and don't any longer while others are reporting the opposite problem.

Bigmonki
8 - Asteroid

@chris_love Thanks for the heads up, twice I have cancelled the install thinking it was an error. I will go watch some paint dry 🙂

RithiS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Thank you for the feedback. We understand your concerns with the installation as we include more tools and functionality. At the same time, we’re focused on optimizing the installation experience in the foreseeable future. Please continue providing us installation feedback through your account manager or by emailing ProductFeedback@alteryx.com.

Labels