Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Sum of Value by Drivetime Isochrone Output

ComradeMisbourne
6 - Meteoroid

A revised workflow I'm trying to run involving multiple geographical polygons within drivetime isochrones.

The process of the workflow I'm trying to create is summarised in the below points. A copy of the workflow is attached.

1) Set of geocoded Location Point data (currently selected by a ranking)

2) Drivetime isochrones created around each one (using the Trade Area spatial module)

3) Set of geographical polygon boundaries

4) Using the Spatial Match module, select where these polygons (the Target) are within the Universal Spatial object area (of the drivetime isochrone result)

All of the above steps are working accordingly. The results provide a number of Target results per Universal object.

Now I need to add the following

5) Each geographical polygon (Target) has a value assigned to it. Sum the total of each polygon (3) that is calculated to be within the drivetime isochrone results of (4) i.e. Group By the Universal object for sum of value of Target.

6) Rank this list from highest Sum to lowest Sum of (5)

7) The results of the drivetime isochrones create overlap. Therefore, a geographical polygon requires filtering out for duplicates so that it is only allocated to a Location Isochrone of a higher value in (6). i.e. if the geographical polygon (Target) is found in more than 1 isochrone (Universal object) then retain in the results of the largest Grouped By Sum of value by Location Point but remove from all other result lists and the Sum value recalculated.

I hope the above is clear and can be appended within the workflow diagram I have attached.

A complex task I fear!!

Thank you all.

2 REPLIES 2
Marco
8 - Asteroid

Hey @ComradeMisbourne,

Your wording isn't that clear, but here a my suggestions:

5) Use a spatial process tool to create an intersection object. Then use a Spatial Info tool to get the area of the intersection object, than use a Summarize to get the sum of your value. 

6) A Sort tool + RecordID tool will do this 

7) If you use a summarize to get the Min(Rank) per Universe Object, and than join this back, you should be able to filter out the duplicates. 

Hope this helps :) 

Marco

ComradeMisbourne
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the response Marco.

By creating a couple of additional queries onto the output of the above, it has enabled me to find unique Universe objects, allocated to a Location (Target) point. 

Thank you for the pointers!

BT.

Labels