Alteryx Designer

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Storage location calculation: Alteryx + Tableau

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Hello Alteryx Community,

I am contacting you regarding an issue I am currently facing with storage location. Currently I have the following information:

DHNS_0-1592914108752.png

Here, Place shows where the item is physically located in our warehouse, Empty Place = YES means that the location is empty of any items, while a blank space means that it is occupied. If there are any details regarding “Material” it is to show which item is on the occupied shelf. Finally, the Location shows (physically) which location (ambient storage, cold storage, a freezer, a fridge etc.) the item is located on.

I would like to somehow combine this data, move it into Tableau and create some formula that shows how much space is occupied (for example 70% of Ambient, 55% of Cold etc.) in a circular diagram. In addition, I would love to have some sort of filter that highlights the circle diagram with a red color/glow whenever the storage coverage reaches 70% or more. However, the data is very large and messy and I’m not quite sure how to begin. Would any of you be able to offer some assistance in this matter? I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you.

Best regards,

David

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello @DHNS 

You can do a little bit of summarization and then a couple of formula tools to figure out how much space is occupied at any level of granularity. Here is an example below based on the data that you provided and I have the workflow attached. 

calculation.png

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Hello Brandon,

Thank you so much for your asssistance!

I tried following your example but am currently getting this error in my workflow:

DHNS_0-1594276171305.png

Do you have any suggestions on what I can do next?

Thank you very much for your time

Best regards,

David

Highlighted
Alteryx Partner

Hi @DHNS , can you try this in your workflow and Check if _NULL_ field  is missing? If not try replacing its name. Also, I believe as you are fetching the data from some source check what is the field name for Emply Place and try to configure the workflow as per that.

I hope that helps.

Note: If possible can you show the output of your workflow before the error given by formula tool, it will make it easier to figure things out.

Thanks.

grazitti_sapna_0-1594278296353.png

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Hello Grazitti_sapna,

Thank you so much! My version of "Null" was "Empty_Place".

However, my material is missing now. What can I do about this? It is making my final join impossible:

DHNS_0-1594281636985.png

Labels