Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Stopping workflow using Test Tool

msivakumar
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Everyone,

I have created a workflow and used a test tool to stop the workflow processing if error pops up in the test tool to check Count(Records) <= 0 from Inner Join and I have used the Runtime to enable the cancel workflow on errors checkbox. I could see the workflow processing even after the test tool fails. The way I tested this is, once after the error comes in Test Tool, I clicked the output of Union tool and I am able to see values populated, but I was expecting it not to retun any value just becasue the workflow has to stop process before the Union. Please find the below screenshot of workflow created. Could anyone please help me in resolving this issue?

clipboard_image_0.png

3 REPLIES 3
TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

One approach would be to use blocking tools and make sure your workflow is set to "Cancel Running Workflow on Error" in the workflows configuration pane under "Runtime." Simple example attached.

EDIT: There is a discussion about this topic with other options here: 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Stop-Workflow-on-Test-Tool-fail-Force-...

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @msivakumar,

If the last response resolves your problem, please mark it as a solution so that others will be able to find it if they have a similar issue. If this hasn't answered your question, can you let us know why so we can help?

msivakumar
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks Tony, that worked.

Labels