Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Stop workflow without error on condition

As @JordanB mentioned in his post (https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Stop-workflow-on-a-condition/tac-p/74403#M19...) - there's a common need to stop a worfklow when an condition is met.

However, at present there's no way to do this without generating an error.

Please can we either alter the message/test component to allow for error-free termination on a formula condition; or alternatively implement the fuller idea that Mark ( @MarqueeCrew) mentioned in his programmatic Detour idea?

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Product-Ideas/Programmatic-Detour/idi-p/12763

17 Comments
NicoleJ
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Coming Soon

We believe Control Containers will be an excellent solution to this idea! 😁

TonyAdam
8 - Asteroid

Can´t wait for Control Containers and very curious how you solved some challenges around them 😉

dhovey
7 - Meteor

This would help us in numerous ways. Updating the message tool would be great to include an option to terminate without error.

NicoleJ
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Implemented

It brings us incredible joy to announce that Control Containers are finally here - and they are awesome. Check out more details about this amazing new tool in this blog article!

Cheers!!!

NicoleJ_0-1684358975280.gif

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

banana-dance.gif

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Thank you - this was a big lift, and it's going to significantly increase the capability of the platform!

CSmith16
8 - Asteroid

Please tell me this has been implemented @KylieF Edit: I see it has, but I don't believe it is in the version we are using (2020.4).