Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Start counting after certain value

NatasjavdHengel
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone,

I need some help with Alteryx. For a client I need to check whether every workflow (having a unique doc. nr) has two or more different people involved. I worked that out but now the client also wants to know this amount after a certain action has been performed.

So as you can see for doc. nr. 417 it is the same person who performed several tasks in the workflow, but for doc.nr. 9746 there are multiple people involved.

What I have now is that Alteryx calcultates per unique doc. nr. the amount of different people involved. Now the client wants to know this as well but now it has to start counting, in case a workflow involves a task "send back" (or something like that), after the task "send back" to get better insights. So for 900033 is has to be 2 instead of 4 different persons (So send back (Tom) not included as well).

Who can help? Thanks!

Record #

Workflow

Name employee

Doc. nr

Task

Mart

Register

Mart

Completed

Sebastian

Register

Marie

Completed

Sebastian

Completed

Tom

Send back

Marie

Sended again

Tessa

Completed

Patty

Make new form

Patty

Register

Mark

Completed form

Patty

Completed

17 REPLIES 17
NatasjavdHengel
7 - Meteor

Hi @wdavis ,

This is indeed way better, we are almost there!

Still, your example shows only the persons involved in the workflow before "Afkeuren declaratie", but I need to count the people after that task. 

Hopefully you have an idea to solve that (probably in the multi-row formula)?

So if we can make everyone in group 0 (including after "Afkeuren declaratie) and the ones before and including "Afkeuren declaratie" 1, than it will work out.

wdavis
Alteryx
Alteryx

Okay, in that case all you need to do is update the value in the Filter Tool to be a 1.

From the Multi-row Formula we have created the groupings for each of the values, 0 group being everything before and group 1 being everything after.

Let me know if this solves it!

Will

NatasjavdHengel
7 - Meteor

I changed that but in case I do that the summarize tool only shows dos.iem 8449 including the row "Afkeuren declaratie" and nothing else as every other row is getting filtered out (false). In case a dos.item involges "Afkeuren" then there needs to be a filter. Now for example dos.item 417 is removed as it is in group 0.

Any clue?

wdavis
Alteryx
Alteryx

Okay, from the original file with the 24 rows, which rows do we need to be carrying through to perform the final summarize and count on?

I think I may be confusing myself with the translations to try and understand the logic of all rows we want to count!

Thanks

Will

NatasjavdHengel
7 - Meteor

Okay, I totally understand that it is confusion (even for me it is).

Every row needs to be counted (so for dos.item 417,  8219, 8220 ...) every row is included and need to be shown in the summarize tool.

Only in case the "action type" column includes "Afkeuren declaratie" that dos.item calculation have to show only the rows for that dos.item below that row. So in the example only the three below "Afkeuren declaratie"; these rows need to be counted in the final summarize together with all the dos.items which do not have a "Afkeuren declaratie" as action type.

So column 2 till 19 have to be counted/summarized + 23 till 25 in the example.

Hopefully this will make it more clear.

wdavis
Alteryx
Alteryx

Yes, that makes sense. I am hoping that this workflow now solves the problem.

By sorting the date fields in Descending order, we can set out Multi Row Formula tool to create a group for just values that we want to remove.

The rest of the workflow then remains the same.

Let me know if this works for you!

Thanks

Will

NatasjavdHengel
7 - Meteor

Perfect! Thank you so much!

I only have a small add that hopefully you know as well: 

- The column action type not only involves "Afkeuren declaratie" but also other types of "Afkeuren ... (e.g. send back adress changes etc.". Can I add these to the multirow formula + how?

Its only 1 step away from solving this issue 🙂

wdavis
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @NatasjavdHengel 

Yes, it will be possible to add these in. In the Formula what you will need to do is include some OR statements to capture all the fields you wouldn't want to count.

E.g;

IF [Action type]="Afkeuren declaratie" OR [Action type]="Afkeuren...." Then 1
Else [Row-1:Group]
ENDIF

This will work in the same way as in the initial instance, so it will also add fields after this to be a value of 1, which removes them from the workflow.

If this works, can you mark this as solved please.

Thanks

Will

Labels