Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Standard Deviation using Multiple Column Groupings

aralbrecht
7 - Meteor

Hello Alteryx Community!

I am attempting to determine if values in my data-set are outliers. Of course, to do this, I need to calculate standard deviation first. 

My data can have occurrences where different customers can purchases the same items, so I created an ID to join the two together (SmithA1 and Brown A1). Grouping by this CustomerID, I need to calculate if $ Error for any given week in a range of weeks is outside of 3 St. Deviations from the norm. If so, I would like to deem the week an outlier.

I have attached an image below, as well as an example of the file I am using. The columns with blue headers are how my data is already set up, and I would like to use Alteryx to calculate the columns with yellow headers. I have attemped to solve this using the Summarize Tool, but am running into a wall.

Thank you in advance!

AlteryxStDevHelp.png

11 REPLIES 11
Nickvv
7 - Meteor

I got it. Thank you 

Nickvv
7 - Meteor

Can you share your workflow? im new to alteryx and I think is the direction i need to go.

Thanks

Labels