Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Splitting rows into multiple records based on date range

eahmed008
5 - Atom

Hi

I have a list of customers and their insurance policies. The dataset has the columns: Customer number, Policy number, start date, end date.

A customer policy record may span multiple years, depending on how many times the customers has renewed the policy.

I would like to show a separate record for each annual renewal of the policy. For example, if a record started Jan 2014 and ended Dec 2017, I want to show 4 records with the amended start/end dates.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Storm
9 - Comet

Super succinct response without much detail:  Look into a combination of the "Generate rows" tool and the multi-row tool.  This is your friend for use cases like this, where you want discrete records within some range where you didn't start with discrete records.

neilgallen
12 - Quasar

@eahmed008 Pretty simple version of this, which doesn't take into account a few things I can think of, but this will get you started in the right direction.

eahmed008
5 - Atom

Thanks both for your help - that did the trick!

Labels