Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Split Rows into Columns

erricos
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Community, 

I am working with a large data set, when I combine the data it separates it into three csv workbooks and two tables in MS Access. To do proper analysis, I need all this data is one place. Why is it grouping data into different sheets? Is it due to the amount of data? I did not think csv or Access had true limits? 

As a possible fit, I wanted to create new columns based on date. For example, if all the other columns were the same type and product have one column for April, May and June Balances without summing them.The data currently looks like this:

Type

Product

Balance

Month

Type 1

Product 1

June

Type 1

Product 2

April

Type 2

Product 2

May

Type 1

Product 1

May

Type 2

Product 2

April

Type 2

Product 1

May

But I want it to look like this if all other columns are equal (I have about 50 columns):

Type

Product

April Balance

May Balance

June Balance

Type 1

Product 1

Type 1

Product 2

Type 2

Product 1

Type 2

Product 2

Would something like that reduce the rows? 

5 REPLIES 5
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

You can achieve this using the cross-tab tool! See attached for an example workflow. You can reorder the columns using a Select tool afterward.

echuong1_0-1592848567902.png

erricos
6 - Meteoroid

Is there a way to get my data to go into 1 csv file? I do not understand why it is breaking it up into three files when csv does not have a data limit?

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

All of your data should go into one file.

Do you have either of these options filled out? Are you able to post your workflow and dataset?

echuong1_0-1592863367669.png

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @erricos , check if you have tick checked the Take File/Table Name from Field uncheck it or use the configuration mentioned in screenshot below. I hope it helps.

Thanks.

grazitti_sapna_0-1592887411851.png

Sapna Gupta
erricos
6 - Meteoroid

I had the Take File/Table Name from Field checked by accident! Thank you for your help.

Labels