Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Specific layout size for PDF render output

Inactive User
Not applicable

Hello.

I need to create multiple contracts for multiples accounts using alteryx. The overall workflow works just fine but i have a problem setting the final layout.

I need the contract to always have 2 pages, the first one with the conditions and a couple of tables that indicates their goals and other aditionak conditions

And the second one showing only 2a huge tab with all the account branches. 

I really dont know how to tell alteryx that i need always 2 pages and i need them both to always fit the corresponding information.

Can someone help me? Im going to share with you a sample in the future

5 REPLIES 5
RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Hi, @Inactive User 

It's best if you provide a sample so that we can exact the proper mechanics for you.

Please mark as an acceptable solution if this works for you.

However, I modified the Layout Tool 'Open Example' to show how you might achieve your outcome.

Please see the snippet below (emphasis on the custom configurations in the highlighted tools).

RNO2_0-1589639604310.png

1. set the Layout Configuration - Orientation - to the option 'Vertical with Section Breaks'

RNO2_1-1589639721720.png

2. set the Render Configuration - Separator - to 'Insert Section Breaks Between Records'

RNO2_2-1589639896931.png

Versus the original example (which outputs to 1 page), the custom configurations drive a 2-page output because of the section breaks...

Good Luck!

Inactive User
Not applicable

I tried applying what you suggested but the workflow separates each section into different pages.

I attached the workflow I'm using with a sample data. I have 2 main issues:

• the first one is the spacing between sections wich actually doesn't exist.
  • The second one is that the Appendix A should always be on the second page.

Do you have any idea?

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

HI, @Inactive User 

Hopefully, this helps.

Altered for the first 2-page PDF doc (use the same logic for the other document).

RNO2_0-1589909558244.png

Vertical Layout config

RNO2_1-1589909816806.png

Select page 1 elements

RNO2_2-1589909850354.png

Select page 2 elements

RNO2_3-1589909880887.png

Basic Table configs

RNO2_4-1589909928839.png

Render Tool config

RNO2_5-1589909966107.png

Please see the attachments.

Please mark as a solution if it works for you (although this is quick top-of-mind as an extension of your flow versus building from scratch).

Cheers!

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Thank you @Inactive User 

I'm glad it worked out!

Inactive User
Not applicable

Thank you very much, that worked for me

Labels