This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
I cannot explain the behavior I'm seeing when trying to input a .CSV.GZ
I think that I might have found a bug?
I see a pattern of what works and what does not.
When I select a .CSV.GZ from the following options:
1. drag a new Input Data tool to the canvas
2. Go to Files
3. Select the file
4. When prompted to select an option for 'Parse file as' I select 'Comma Separated Value (*csv)'
5. Click run
Here's how the configuration and the canvas look:
Now, if I take that same Input Tool and just change the file path to look at a different file in the same folder, I get an error 'No file specified in zip archive.'
Then I try click on the three dots to configure 'File in Archive' and select 'Comma Separated Value (*csv)' as above.
But nothing happens.
Here's how the configuration/canvas looks then.
I feel like I have a workaround involving a Directory + Dynamic Input.
1. I configure my Dynamic Input template identical to the Input Data that worked (beginning of post)
2. I read in the file paths w/ the Directory
3. I add '|||datafile.csv' to the end of FullPath using a formula
4. I select the option in Dynamic Input to 'Change Entire File Path' to use 'FullPath' (which has '|||datafile.csv' at the end of it now)