This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
Based on "Dcollon" also failing... out of curiosity, if you simply plug some generic data [Field] = "this", "that", "those" (etc)... all ordinary characters, and send it into the database.... still truncated? If so, then it could be that the field length in the database is only one character, which would definitely explain all the truncations.
Weird.... when inserting to the database, you sure you're inserting "outputField" and not "inputField"? LOL... I only ask because outputField simply shouldn't even have the special character at all.
And regardless, it's really weird that the result of a bad character in one row would impact every other row being inserted... I wonder what happens if you move the K’collon example to the 2nd row... does the first row then succeed, but everything after K’collon fail?
OK, I've tried another test - I set up a connection to LocalDB with SQL Server, and wrote out my entire data stream (e.g. what I see in the browse tool: original string, charToInt results, etc... see attached workflow) ... everything writes into SQL Server without issue:
If you replace my connection here with your Oracle connection, and it works, then the issue is somewhere in your workflow... if this doesn't work with your Oracle database, then the issue has something to do with Oracle and you should contact an Oracle DBA to have them look into it further.
I found an interesting observation. The column type was originally V_String. However, when excel file is uploaded, the inputfield column changes automatically to V_WSTRING. Probably that's the reason when the value is chopped to 1 character.