Alteryx Designer

Share your Designer product ideas - we're listening!

Simple Fix for something that's become an inside joke. ReadRegistryString(Key,...

Ok Alteryx, we totally love your product.  And I've got a super quick fix for you.  Why on earth would you Autocomplete the ubiquitous tick mark as "ReadRegistryString(Key, ValueName, DefaultValue='')"

?4-3-2018 12-08-38 PM.png

I find myself in this situation constantly where, 'dummy' suddenly becomes 'dummyReadRegistryString('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SRC\Alteryx\4.1', 'InstallDir')' the moment I strike the enter key.  

Pls help, I don't ask for much.

15 Comments
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar
I second this suggestion! The auto-complete within the formula tool is great and definitely a time saver with this one exception of this ReadRegistry function that I have never had a need for, but is always looking to insert itself into my formulas because of the auto-complete.
7 - Meteor

Yes, please!

16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Count me in on this one

5 - Atom

Without a doubt a P.I.T.A. when developing workflows...

Alteryx Certified Partner

This is my favourite Idea ever.

It gets me *every* time.

12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar
I'd also add on to this to suggest that the default Data type of a new Formula tool entry not be a billion character V_WString.

Hallelujah. Please implement. I've had enough of this.

@dataMack,

Please create the default V_WString idea!  Earn yourself a bunch of stars.

Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Coming Soon

@ephij Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Consider it done! We have this resolved on our dev branch. You'll see it in the 2018.2 release. 

9 - Comet

@dataMack made a great point this am, when was the last time you mobilized a small group of people online to ask SAS (or any broadly used software really) to fix something and had an answer within 2 days and promised future fix in the next release.  alteryx is Crushing it!