Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Simple Fix for something that's become an inside joke. ReadRegistryString(Key,...

Ok Alteryx, we totally love your product.  And I've got a super quick fix for you.  Why on earth would you Autocomplete the ubiquitous tick mark as "ReadRegistryString(Key, ValueName, DefaultValue='')"

?4-3-2018 12-08-38 PM.png

I find myself in this situation constantly where, 'dummy' suddenly becomes 'dummyReadRegistryString('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SRC\Alteryx\4.1', 'InstallDir')' the moment I strike the enter key.  

Pls help, I don't ask for much.

15 Comments
dataMack
12 - Quasar
I second this suggestion! The auto-complete within the formula tool is great and definitely a time saver with this one exception of this ReadRegistry function that I have never had a need for, but is always looking to insert itself into my formulas because of the auto-complete.
jjc42
7 - Meteor

Yes, please!

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Count me in on this one

willperkins
5 - Atom

Without a doubt a P.I.T.A. when developing workflows...

jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

This is my favourite Idea ever.

It gets me *every* time.

dataMack
12 - Quasar
I'd also add on to this to suggest that the default Data type of a new Formula tool entry not be a billion character V_WString.
lminors
9 - Comet

Hallelujah. Please implement. I've had enough of this.

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@dataMack,

Please create the default V_WString idea!  Earn yourself a bunch of stars.

RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Coming Soon

@ephij Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Consider it done! We have this resolved on our dev branch. You'll see it in the 2018.2 release. 

ephij
9 - Comet

@dataMack made a great point this am, when was the last time you mobilized a small group of people online to ask SAS (or any broadly used software really) to fix something and had an answer within 2 days and promised future fix in the next release.  alteryx is Crushing it!