The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Simple Filter Option

After visiting with a new user who was not sure how to set up a filter, we came up with the following idea.

We would add a "simple" option to the existing Filter tool with some basic controls that would automatically create the expression for you.

Do others think this would be helpful?

Geoff Jones
Alteryx, Inc
Product Manager – User Experience
4 Comments
raddi
6 - Meteoroid
This makes a lot more sense. It is hard to think of "joining" which implies an additive function for filtering or selecting (both of which I think of as divisive functions). Thanks!
jgreene
8 - Asteroid
If this is implemented, I'd suggest defaulting to "Write my own expression" or have the UI respond to a click in the "Expression" panel by setting the radio to "Write my own expression" (definitely the better implementation of the two).  I rarely filter on a single value other than isempty(), so for most cases adding an additional step of clicking the radio button would be a nuisance especially in cases where I forget to click the button and the tool shows as misconfigured or I get the wrong result from a script (potentially a lot of work to debug a script to find out that a filter was using a default simple comparison rather than a typed espression because of forgetting to click a radio button).
TaraM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

_richardr
10 - Fireball

I hate this as implemented!  jgreene is right should default to write my own expression.