Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Show Type in Data Cleansing Configuration

Could we please have a Type field added to the "Select Fields to Cleanse" configuration window for the Data Cleansing Tool? This small feature would save a lot of time (saving the time needed to check the Metadata for every field every time I use the Data Cleansing Tool). Similar functionality to the way the Summarize Tool displays both Field and Type (just one additional field).

Today:

Data_is_mymiddlename_1-1596494044492.png

Future Version:

Data_is_mymiddlename_4-1596494405502.png

Pardon my sad photoshopping 🙂

Note: I realize the Data Cleansing is a macro and this functionality is not currently available with the "Check Box" interface tool.

Thank you!

3 Comments
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for your idea! 

The visual is super appreciated (and looks very nice!), and while the Data Cleansing tool is a macro we still appreciate all the feedback we can get on how to improve it and our product. I've added a couple extra labels to this idea to insure the correct product teams have visibility. If you haven't yet be sure to check out our updated Submission Guidelines for any board or criteria related questions!

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Not Planned

Thank you for your idea!

Our product team has reviewed this idea and we've determined that we're unable to include these updates to the Data Cleansing tool onto the road map at this time. While we like this idea, we're unable to include it due to technical restrictions and several other limiting factors. 

However, should we be able to return to this idea in the future, we'll be sure to update this idea accordingly.

Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Data_is_mymiddlename 

Since Data Cleansing is a macro, you can achieve what you want with an HTML UI. Like this (this is a screenshot of an actual cleansing macro, showing the data type):

Screenshot 2021-01-20 194351.png