Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Setting defaults for Tool Containers

It would be great if you could create default settings for the Tool Containers. As workflows become larger, I use containers a lot. But once I have 10-15 containers, I have to set all of them to have a Transparency of 1 and a margin of None. While the changes don't take long to make, it would be nice if they could be preset.

4 Comments
RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Not Planned

Thanks for adding this idea to the Ideas forum. I'm always looking for ways to help people more easily document their workflows. A well organized workflow is a happy workflow! We're discussing making some revisions to the tool containers, but it won't be this year. We'll keep this in mind for future improvements. 

aehrenwo
11 - Bolide

This is is a must. I went to start doing this today with a workflow that has like 50 containers and it made me sad that it wasn't an option. 

NickK
5 - Atom

I am looking forward to this feature as well

CiaranA
10 - Fireball

I am using Container in-workflow documentation heavily including my favourite settings. 

e.g.

Margin = none

Transparency = 80

Fill Colour = Tool Category Colour

Would save me so much time if I could default these, or mass update.