Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Select Tool Check Boxes Not Viewable

abowers004
7 - Meteor

Hello, I recently updated to Alteryx Designer 2019.3 and have been having some issues. The main one is my Select Tool no longer has the select/deselect checkboxes for me to remove fields. I can remove them by selecting them and going through the options menu but this is a hassle. Not to mention I'm worried there may be other bugs in other tools that I just haven't noticed yet.

Not only this, but some of my text gets cut off in the configuration window and the results window.

I tried restoring default settings and changing the DPI in my Windows settings, but to no avail.

Please help!

AlteryxHelp.PNG

12 REPLIES 12
jacob_kahn
12 - Quasar

Janice Omg GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I have never seen that!

abowers004
7 - Meteor

Don't tell me that! I need help! lol I already sent an email to Alteryx Support. I may just revert back to the older version for now. I'm taking the Core Exam tomorrow so I really need everything to run the way it is supposed to.

Any and all suggestions for now though would be great.

jacob_kahn
12 - Quasar

@abowers004

I'm sorry!!!!

Tell me, does it happen for all your select tools, or just this one? And I'm assuming you rebooted as well..... 

jacob_kahn
12 - Quasar

can you select and deselect using the option drop down if you highlight fields?

abowers004
7 - Meteor

I tried rebooting again just in case, but it didn't work. But yes, it will let me deselect and select via the options drop down, but again, it's annoying.. and also it makes me wonder if there are other bugs in other tools that I just haven't noticed yet.

It looks like something to do with the scaling of the program to my computer. even the search bar at the top is off.

AltHelp.PNG

jacob_kahn
12 - Quasar

Damnnnnn! I'm sorry to hear that. I would assume then that is something to do with your screen size or ratio. Did it ever work properly for you?

Good luck on your exam tomorrow! Let me know if you need any help in any way!

abowers004
7 - Meteor

Not since the new update. Everything executed properly, but the view was always slightly off; I only gradually noticed how much things were off as I continued using it and this new select tool malfunction was what finally made me ask about it. Thank you though I appreciate your help!

CMS
5 - Atom

Hi,

Same problem here. Just upgraded to Alteryx 2019.3.1.24384.

In addition to the problem mentioned above, Alteryx is displaying only the upper half of the Options button. Check image below:

Alteryx - Select Tool 01.PNG

You can see why I cannot select anything: check boxes column is just too narrow and it is not possible to increase its width.

The search textbox does not display well either, although it is usable. It seems like how things are rendered is not working in many cases. Check image below:

Alteryx - Search Tool 01.PNG

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Carlos

CMS
5 - Atom

Hi,

Same issue with joins. Check image below:

Alteryx - Join Tool.PNG

Need to rollback. 

Labels