Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Scrolling functionality added to Workflow shelf

I really like that I can scroll -- using my mouse -- between the tool groups in Alteryx. Can this UX be added to scroll through my workflows? I usually have a bunch open, and this functionality would be awesome to have there, too! 🙂

PS: Yes, I know I can do Ctrl+Tab...but mouse scrolling is more efficient.

idea.gif

16 Comments
Thomas_simonet
7 - Meteor
Thank you, I didn't even know that you could do Ctrl+Tab to switch workflows... :D
john_miller9
11 - Bolide

Great idea @Nick612Haylund

Nick612Haylund
10 - Fireball
10 - Fireball

:)

Atabarezz
13 - Pulsar

liked the idea

Chris-Mace
5 - Atom
This is a great idea and would save time and frustration.
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

When I am working with multiple workflows opened at once I always find myself clicking multiple times on the tabs to reach one that is not showing. It would be awesome if I could use the scroll wheel on my mouse to quickly select the one I want. Another option is to resize the width of each tab to fit the width available, same way Chrome works. 

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hey @gabrielvilella, I think this is a duplicate idea of this one which has 24 votes, so make sure you upvote: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Scrolling-functionality-added-to-Workflow-sh...

A little tip that you might like is if you hold ctrl and press tab then you can cycle through your workflows!

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Please Alteryx. Please.

This one must  be easy 🙂

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

@Joe_Lipski Nice! I tried searching if this was already suggested, I guess my search wasn't engough. I upvoted that one. And I did not know about the control + tab tip, thank you!

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@gabrielvilella @Joe_Lipski 

Hello!

I noticed that the idea 'Scroll through multiple workflows tabs' was a duplicate of this one, so I merged these ideas to insure that our product team can view the interest in the idea as a whole. 

Thank you!

KylieF