The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Scrolling functionality added to Workflow shelf

I really like that I can scroll -- using my mouse -- between the tool groups in Alteryx. Can this UX be added to scroll through my workflows? I usually have a bunch open, and this functionality would be awesome to have there, too! 🙂

PS: Yes, I know I can do Ctrl+Tab...but mouse scrolling is more efficient.

idea.gif

16 Comments
Thomas_simonet
7 - Meteor
Thank you, I didn't even know that you could do Ctrl+Tab to switch workflows... :D
john_miller9
11 - Bolide

Great idea @Nick612Haylund

Nick612Haylund
10 - Fireball
10 - Fireball

:)

Atabarezz
13 - Pulsar

liked the idea

Chris-Mace
5 - Atom
This is a great idea and would save time and frustration.
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

When I am working with multiple workflows opened at once I always find myself clicking multiple times on the tabs to reach one that is not showing. It would be awesome if I could use the scroll wheel on my mouse to quickly select the one I want. Another option is to resize the width of each tab to fit the width available, same way Chrome works. 

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hey @gabrielvilella, I think this is a duplicate idea of this one which has 24 votes, so make sure you upvote: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Scrolling-functionality-added-to-Workflow-sh...

A little tip that you might like is if you hold ctrl and press tab then you can cycle through your workflows!

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Please Alteryx. Please.

This one must  be easy 🙂

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

@Joe_Lipski Nice! I tried searching if this was already suggested, I guess my search wasn't engough. I upvoted that one. And I did not know about the control + tab tip, thank you!

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@gabrielvilella @Joe_Lipski 

Hello!

I noticed that the idea 'Scroll through multiple workflows tabs' was a duplicate of this one, so I merged these ideas to insure that our product team can view the interest in the idea as a whole. 

Thank you!

KylieF