Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Scheduling workflow in company gallery error opening 'select * from'

CortlynHatch
5 - Atom

I have a workflow that uses an In-db connection to pull data, filters it, Data Streams out, and uses an output tool to write the data to a SQL Server database table. This workflow runs perfectly when running it within alteryx desktop, but when I try to schedule it to the gallery I get the error 'Error Opening: Select * from database.schema.table: no columns returned'. Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

@CortlynHatch 

This could be for number of reasons. Do you know what user is used to run the workflows on the server? Does this user have access to the table you're trying to access?

CortlynHatch
5 - Atom

Yes, the user used to run the workflows on the server has full permissions to the sql server database

MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

It could be how the database connection is configured on the server. Is it an ODBC connection? Do you have access to the server in order to validate it?

A similar error could be triggered by default database not being populated as discussed here.

CortlynHatch
5 - Atom

I figured out that it was how I was saving my workflow on the gallery server. I needed to set up credentials to run the workflow when saving it. Super easy but frustrating solution, thanks for your help!

MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

So it was the user executing the workflow as suggested. Glad you got it sorted!

aprofir
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, 

I am running into a similar issue to yours. Could you tell me more about what settings you changed that made it work?

Thank you!

Labels