Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Run a module from command prompt or by .bat file

ashiques
8 - Asteroid

Can anyone help me to this that how I can run a alteryx module from command prompt or by .bat file.

15 REPLIES 15
s_pichaipillai
12 - Quasar

Hi,

There is a command line utility "AlteryxEngineCmd.exe" under "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin"

so using the above Utility you can pass the argument

please refer the below link for each type of module 

http://help.alteryx.com/10.1/index.htm#Command_Line.htm?Highlight=AlteryxEngineCmd 

michael_treadwell
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Please keep in mind that in order to run Alteryx from the command line your license will need to grant permission to use the feature API and command line interface.

Otherwise when you try to run a command it will simply say "The Feature API is not licensed"

To check this, go to Options -> Manage Licenses and see if API & Command Line w/ Scheduler is checked.

tom_montpool
12 - Quasar

You can run AlteryxEngineCmd in a couple of ways:

1. From command prompt (or Powershell)
  2. Using the Run Command tool in Alteryx
  3. By configuring an Event in Alteryx

There's a lot of flexibility...

anthony
11 - Bolide

You can buy another license to use the exe or just write a script in autoIT or autohotkey to open Alteryx and hit run button.

The ability to run from cmd on desktop should be included in desktop license in my opnion.

ashiques
8 - Asteroid

Sashank06
5 - Atom

Hi ,

I was wondering if AutoHotkey can be used to press the run button inside the workflow after the alteryx file has been opened ? Could you please give me some hints regarding this

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi,

Yoy can press "crtl + r" to run the workflow.

Best regards,

Daniel

DultonM
11 - Bolide

@michael_treadwell, I was wondering what it takes to get the "API & Command Line w/ Scheduler" feature of your licence checked. Thanks!

michael_treadwell
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

@DultonM this is a job for Alteryx Fulfillment. Contact your sales rep about getting the command line enabled for your license.

Labels