Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Round-Robin Assignment formula

GoldenDesign04
8 - Asteroid

I have a workflow that generates tickets for investigation by QC techs, this generates daily, seven days a week. It contains a few Null() fields that will be worked on by the techs. 

wmcclure_0-1585695509815.png

I've used the formula: DateTimeFormat([DateField],"%u") will give you the day of the week where Monday = 1 and Sunday = 7

To find the day of the week that the report generated. 

I have a table that has the Techs names and the weekday they are scheduled to work:

Annotation 2020-03-31 190356.jpg

I need to have it find the day of the week and then assign techs into the Analyst column until filled.

Any suggestions on how to accomplish this? 

3 REPLIES 3
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @GoldenDesign04 ,

I've create an example based on 4 analyst but you can configure the number as you desire.

fmvizcaino_0-1585696982868.png

Take a look and let me know if this works for you.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

GoldenDesign04
8 - Asteroid

Fernando this looks very very good. It was nearly perfect! I had to account for varying number of techs on each day. Easy enough when you gave such a good formula to start!

Thank you

bkro86
5 - Atom

How do you get it to change based on the number of analyst being different each time its run?

Labels