Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Return a standardized coefficients of a model

steve_tang
7 - Meteor

Hi there,

The predictive analytics tools like a linear regression analysis usually returns the coeffients of a model which is not standardized (So as the model coefficient tool).

I have noticed some R packages like "reghelper" do have the function to return the beta cofficients, but I have no idea about how to incorporate it into the R tool in alteryx.

Attached is sample WF and any help will be apprieated.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

HI @steve_tang,

I have not attempted this myself, but I know it is possible.  Looks like there is an app you can download per this post from Alteryx.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Install-R-Packages/ta-p/41265

steve_tang
7 - Meteor

Hi @ggruccio ,

Thanks for the reply.

However, what I need to do is not to install the package,  but to configure the R tool in a way to output the summary of the specific model. Since the write.Alteryx function can only output data.frames instead of strings.

At the moment I was able to get the job done by configure the linear regession tool to "standarize the predictor variables" (please untick "use regularized regression") and then use the "model coefficients" tool (which you can download from the gallery) to get the standarized cofficients of model.

Steve Tang

Labels