Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Reporting Tools - How to control column width

MarkD
7 - Meteor

I've looked at numerous posts and can't find one that solves this. I have 5 tables and 3 of them are going on to sheet 1 and the remainder are each on their own sheet. I add a column to each one for sheet name and then union and then in layout tool, group by column sheetname and layout mode is each group of records - this all works great for setting up the sheets in the excel exactly as I'd like.... BUT

everything on sheet 1 is 2 columns of data and everything on sheet 2 and 3 is 30 columns of data. No matter what I set the column width within each table, the render tool changes it all to be whatever the report style shows. So my 2 options are either set a large paper size and have the 2 columns on sheet 1 super stretched out, OR set the paper to smaller and have the 30 columns of data compressed (and even truncated). Is there a better way to accomplish this where I have 3 sheets in the same workbook, but each one has it's own overall width?

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
ZTerry
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Mark,

Can you please submit a case to support@alteryx.com ? I would like our support team to take a look at this.

Thank You,
Zach

ShantanuDagar
8 - Asteroid

@ZTerry Is this solved somehow?

Came here while searching for the same issue 😊

Labels