Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Render Error: The maximum number of pages for a PDF, 8191, has been exceeded.

alv728
8 - Asteroid

I am trying to render a report and am receiving the following error:  Render (104) The maximum number of pages for a PDF, 8191, has been exceeded.

The confusing part is when I render it as HTML file it is only 4 pages and as a Word doc it is only 3 pages. Any idea why it would only error for PDFs?

9 REPLIES 9
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @alv728 

This will be tricky to figure out from just your description.  Can you possibly attach the workflow and some sample data?  

Dan

MattBSlalom
11 - Bolide

I just came across this same error.  In my case, it seems to be related to the sizes set for my charts from the interactive chart tool.  When I shrink the sizes down in the interactive chart tool, the render tool succeeds with the few pages expected.

TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @MattBSlalom can you please include a screenshot of the error message as well as a copy of your workflow?
This will help the members of our community to troubleshoot with you.

Thanks!

TrevorS

Community Moderator
MattBSlalom
11 - Bolide

attached is a sample workflow (& source data) that has 2 containers, the first generates the error, while the 2nd has one of the chart's size changed and succeeds.

JerryHare
5 - Atom

I had the same error message and situation.  Thanks for posting your solution which worked for me also.

minty
7 - Meteor

I have the same issue currently but I cannot seem to figure out how to change the size on the chart tool. I get the message that there are no layers defined yet in the chart even though there is data going through. Has anyone been able to fix this so that the render error could be solved? 

SandeepBabuS
8 - Asteroid

Even I'm facing the same issue. Can someone please assist me?

SandeepBabuS
8 - Asteroid

Hi Matt,

Your solution has fixed the problem. I shrunk the chart sizes in the interactive chart tool and the render tool did not complain.

Thanks a lot.

EIzuora
5 - Atom

Another solution to this would be to change the size of the PDF in the Render tool. This might not be useful if you need to conform to a specific output dimension.

Labels