Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Removing the first line of every Sheet in Excel file while using Dynamic Input

jaycaplan
6 - Meteoroid

I want to import all of the Sheets in an Excel file using the Dynamic Input tool with Sheet Names.   The first line only has a merged cell in E5 and the column headers are consistent for all Sheets on Line 2.  Having an issue removing the first line from each Sheet before input.

4 REPLIES 4
andyuttley
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Hi @jaycaplan 

Have you tried configuring your dynamic input to "start input on line" 2? e.g.

Capture.PNG

Let me know if that works

Andy

jaycaplan
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Andy,   we tried that and it left off the first Sheet of the file.

andyuttley
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Hi @jaycaplan 

That's odd, it's working fine on mine. What configuration are you using? Feel free to attached a packaged version (with dummy data)

I just created an xlsx with 3 tabs, all of which had headers on line 2 (and merged cells in line 1).

There's 3 rows of data in each tab (rows 3-5) with headers in row 2, creating a table of 9 rows across the different tabs:

Dynamic2.PNG

So this is behaving as I'd expect. Like I say, feel free to send an packaged version over, I'm happy to take a look at your specific example. 

Andy

TF2018
5 - Atom

This was actually helpful to figure out why Line 1 in my output was deleting. I needed to check the "First Row Contains Data" box. 

Labels