Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Remove space and Decimal

EvansM
9 - Comet

Hello everybody,

I need a help on couple of things. 

1) I have got a number like this 662 8702125 and I want it to look like this   6628702125

2) I have got another number like 6627466074.000000  and I want it to look like this 6627466074

I did some research, and I found out I can achieve this by using RegEX. The problem I am not very good using RegEX.

I will appreciate any help.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @EvansM ,

Attached is an easier way to achieve that. You need to use only a formula tool and 2 functions.

Let me know if that works for you.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

neilgallen
12 - Quasar

Alternatively, using 

tonumber(replacechar([Field1]," ",""))

in a formula tool would get the desired results, and not require the creation of any additional fields. Please note that this still would keep your current field formatted as a string and any field conversions would be required if necessary.

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @EvansM,

You can indeed use the Regex tools for that, the only problem (in this case) it that you will loos al decimals:

Untitled.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Regards

EvansM
9 - Comet

@neilgallen Thanks a lot

EvansM
9 - Comet

@fmvizcaino  Thanks a lot 

Labels