Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Regex to replace serial number in string

piyush
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

i have a string in following format

( 1 ) GN49B ( 2 ) SI25B ( 3 ) SN45B ( 4 ) SN55B ( 5 ) SN60B ( 6 ) SR20B ( 7 ) SR25B ( 8 ) SR35B ( 9 ) SR4

i need the output in following way

GN49B,SI25B,SN45B,SN55B, SN60B, SR20B,SR25B,SR35B,SR4

can somebody please help me to write a regex to achieve this i am new to regex.

5 REPLIES 5
estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @piyush 

Try these 2 formulas in a formula tool. The first gets rid of the opening (1) and the next replaces the series numbers with commas.

image.png

Let me know if that helps!!

Cheers,

Esther

piyush
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @estherb47 ,

This works fine except one condition i have some value as below

( 1 ) SSFV ( 2 )

the output is coming like this after the formula

SSFV ( 2 )

its should come like below so that i can break it using text as column using ","

SSFV,

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @piyush 

You can try again, this time removing the \s (which represents spaces) from both sides. PErhaps that one instance doesn't have a space.

Let me know if that helps

Cheers!

Esther

benakesh
12 - Quasar

Hi @piyush ,

This site is good for  testing  regex before using it in Alteryx   :   https://regexr.com/4jf2b

caschecter
6 - Meteoroid
Piyush, Here is a thought. Use a data cleanse tool to get rid of all white space. Your data would look like this. (1)GN49B(2)SI25B(3)SN45B(4)SN55B(5)SN60B(6)SR20B(7)SR25B(8)SR35B(9)SR4 Then use a regex tool to do a replace of \(\d*\) with a comma. Clean up your first comma and you should have your desired output.
Labels