Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

RegEx expressions deleting Suffix

chelseariver90
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I've taken over a flow from a staff member that has left. The way it is created it pulls employee information and job numbers from a Sharepoint list, standardises the names using a find and replace and then goes on to push out templates based on Job number. He has 3 ReGex tools built in that affect the job number column. One of these is removing the TW suffix from the start of the job number. this is needed later on in the flow to assign a company to the job. i dont really understand the regex and couldnt figure out how to stop this, could someone please help. I have the regex tools in the workflow attached.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @chelseariver90 ,

Would you be able to share some job number examples after the find/replace tool? It would be great to have at least 2 example, 1 that is working as expected and one that are not.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

chelseariver90
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Fernando for the quick reply.

The job column has all its job numbers as TW then a 3 or 4 digit number after. TW1539 TW1896 etc but it also contains "sick, other, annual leave" and things like that. The Regex seems to be getting rid of all those ok but it is also taking the TW off the actual job numbers and just leaving the number.

Hope that is explained ok

thanks 

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @chelseariver90 ,

Attached is an example showing how to get that done in an easier way. Since I don't have all the possibilities for the job number field, I could be simplifying, so let me know if I've done that.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Labels