Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Reconciling between 2 columns and generating results next to it

skotian1289
8 - Asteroid

Hello All,

I am trying to create a workflow which will reconcile 2 columns and add results next to it, I do not want to use formula tool because I don't want to write seperate expression for each set of columns and then move the results column using select tool post that. Is there an alternative which can help with below output.

Data:

Column A   Column B   Column C    Column D   Column E   Column F
   X                    X               Z                  X                  Y              Y
   Y                    Y               Z                  Z                  Y               X 

Expected Results:

Column A   Column B   Results     Column C    Column D    Results      Column E   Column F    Results
   X                   X           TRUE             Z                   X            FALSE          Y               Y              TRUE
   Y                   Y           TRUE             Z                  Z             TRUE            Y               X              FALSE

SK

3 REPLIES 3
CKP
10 - Fireball

Hi @skotian1289 

This is a bit longwinded but I believe it gets to the result you're looking for.

Reconcile 2 columns.jpg

I hope this helps.

skotian1289
8 - Asteroid

Apologies I am a new user  ,any ideas would be welcome, because I am stuck currently in figuring out the solution.

Regards,

SK

skotian1289
8 - Asteroid

Hi @CKP ,

Your solution is what I was looking for, though it took me time to understand each and every step and how it came to the solution but it was bang on. Thank u so much.

SK

Labels