Alteryx Designer

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Register for the upcoming Live Community Q&A Session - and don't forget to submit your questions for @DeanS regarding the future role of analytics here.

Read multiple files from a path on Gallery

Highlighted
5 - Atom

Hello Community,

This is the first time I open a discussion, so please let me know if I did it wrong. I am working on a workflow and I need the user on Gallery can add a path and Alteryx can take all excel file into it (all of them have the same template) and join them. I read I can use the Dynamic Input tool but I don't know how to set it up.

Thanks

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner
Alteryx Certified Partner

Hello @crisalv2494,

First of all, you did nothing wrong To do this you would need to use a directory tool that would feed into a dynamic input. The dynamic input has to be set with a template with the same format.

If all the files are in the same folder and are using the same format you could also use the normal input instead using the wildcard. For example, if I had on a folder the files secretfile_1, secretfile_2, secretfile_3 etc, by using the wildcard for the variable part it would read all the documents that shared the same naming:

C:\Users\IronMan\Secret_documents\secretfile*.xlsx

Anyways, since this was not actually the question, here I leave you here two input many files on the gallery

PD: Welcome to the community!

Regards

Highlighted
5 - Atom

Thanks a lot for your quick response and for the workflow shared.... I tried to run it with my files but it says "Invalid Directory: The system cannot find the path specified. (3) (Tool Id: 10)" when I add the path on the text box and this one "Unable to open file for read: E:\AlteryxData\Service\Staging\2380_0d50a0974833414ebf194c14d900c878\In_5e3464782caf25094c007e68 Error Opening file: E:\AlteryxData\Service\Staging\2380_0d50a0974833414ebf194c14d900c878\In_5e3464782caf25094c007e68 : Access is denied. (5) (Tool Id: 7)" when I select a file to take its path. Could you please help me to configure the Dynamic tool? Maybe I chose a wrong field and action on them. 

To test the workflow I used the normal input tool with a wildcard but it will be used by other users on Gallery and I need they have a way to choose the folder where the files are. I tried with folder browser but it gave me an error on the Gallery.

PD: thanks for support!

Highlighted
5 - Atom

Hello,

Did you happen to find a solution to this problem?

Labels