Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Read a list of sheet and extract sheet content

Eliot_with_cat
7 - Meteor
I am now using Input tool to read the list of sheet from excel. Then I will use a filter to extract only particular tab name, then I would like to get the content of that tab for further processing.
Instead of using a macro, any other way to achieve this?
5 REPLIES 5
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus
It sounds like you are looking for the dynamic input.

But my question would be, if you are looking for just one sheet from one file then why not just configure your input tool to read that sheet?

Ben
Eliot_with_cat
7 - Meteor

I am now able to do that with "Multiple tabs" icon. I just filter the sheet that I want and connect to multiple tabs to read the content of the sheet.

I am not reading one sheet only but multiple sheets at the same time. That's why I am finding ways to read both the list of sheets and the corresponding content.

Thanks a lot.

JimPer
5 - Atom

Hi Eliot12345, all,

If I have correctly understood your request, the below and attached workflow should do it, thanks to the Dynamic Input tool.

I described the setups of the different tools in the below image.

Have a try and come back to me if you need any assistance !

Alteryx Excel multiple tabs.png

Eliot_with_cat
7 - Meteor

Hi JimPer,

That is a great alternative solution.

I find that there is a disadvantage if I use "Multiple Tabs" tool instead of "Dynamic Input" tool to read the content.

Since my file contain column data with colons, "Multiple Tabs" is having issue to read them and wrongly use colon as the separator that all the content positions were shifted.

Nevertheless, I can achieve reading the content with your workflow below.

Thanks,

Eliot

JimPer
5 - Atom

You're welcome !

Thanks for your feedback

Labels