Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Ranking by a special rule

LeiCheng
8 - Asteroid

I have several teams with different number of staff. And I want to see the staff sales ranking in his own team. Can any body knows how to deal with this? Thanks.

Image 1.png

5 REPLIES 5
TomWelgemoed
12 - Quasar

Hi @LeiCheng ,

The Tile tool actually offers a nice clean way to do this. Just group on the team and ensure the data is sorted prior to Tiling your team members. See image below & workflow attached.

Team rank.png

Regards,

Tom

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @LeiCheng,

you could use the Multi-Row Formula tool. Attached a sample workflow. Let me know, if it works for you.

Best,

Roland 

LeiCheng
8 - Asteroid

Hi @RolandSchubert It's quite helpful. Thank you!

LeiCheng
8 - Asteroid

Hi, @RolandSchubert, I have a further inquiring, if some of the staff have the same sales such as in Team A, staff B and D both completed $500, then their ranking will be 3, 3, no 4, and then C should be rank 5 instead of 4. How can I solve this problem?Image 3.png

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I've added a second Multi-Row Formula tool - first one calculates the rank simply by counting (sales = 500  will result in ranks 3 and 4, sales 325 in rank 5), the second one does a "correction" in case of identical sales. 

Labels