Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Ranking by a special rule

LeiCheng
8 - Asteroid

I have several teams with different number of staff. And I want to see the staff sales ranking in his own team. Can any body knows how to deal with this? Thanks.

Image 1.png

5 REPLIES 5
TomWelgemoed
12 - Quasar

Hi @LeiCheng ,

The Tile tool actually offers a nice clean way to do this. Just group on the team and ensure the data is sorted prior to Tiling your team members. See image below & workflow attached.

Team rank.png

Regards,

Tom

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @LeiCheng,

you could use the Multi-Row Formula tool. Attached a sample workflow. Let me know, if it works for you.

Best,

Roland 

LeiCheng
8 - Asteroid

Hi @RolandSchubert It's quite helpful. Thank you!

LeiCheng
8 - Asteroid

Hi, @RolandSchubert, I have a further inquiring, if some of the staff have the same sales such as in Team A, staff B and D both completed $500, then their ranking will be 3, 3, no 4, and then C should be rank 5 instead of 4. How can I solve this problem?Image 3.png

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I've added a second Multi-Row Formula tool - first one calculates the rank simply by counting (sales = 500  will result in ranks 3 and 4, sales 325 in rank 5), the second one does a "correction" in case of identical sales. 

Labels