Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Radio button to collapse field when deselected (output)

Gilld
8 - Asteroid

Hi all, 

I am working on building an app using the Radio button to give the user a choice of selecting postal areas, postal districts or postal sectors.

At the moment, if the user selects a postal sector but then selects a postal district, there are two pdf outputs (one for sectors selected and one for districts selected) despite selecting the 'collapse group when deselected' in the configuration window of the radio button. How do I go about changing it so there is only one output - the un-collapsed field? 

I have attached my workings so far - any help would be greatly appreciated!

14 REPLIES 14
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @Gilld

You can wrap each part of your workflow inside a container and then use the same radio button to control whether is enabled or not:

AppContainers.PNG

@LordNeilLord

Part time Tableau, Part Time Alteryx. Full Time Awesome

Data Lover

Gilld
8 - Asteroid

Hi @LordNeilLord

Thanks for the quick reply!

I have put all three components of the workflow into separate containers but am getting the attached...

Alteryx Certified Partner

Hey @Gilld

You can wrap each part of your workflow inside a container and then use the same radio button to control whether is enabled or not:

AppContainers.PNG

@LordNeilLord

Data Lover

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hi @Gilld

Use the Radio buttons that you already have for Postal Area, District etc....just move them to outside the containers and connect them via the action tool :)

AppContainers2.PNG

@LordNeilLord

Data Lover

Gilld
8 - Asteroid

Hey 

It still seems to be outputting the 'collapsed' fields? 

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

@Gilld What's the config on your action tool?

If you can provide the workflow maybe take out the inventory data) then I can have a proper look

@LordNeilLord

Data Lover

Gilld
8 - Asteroid

I've attached the config windows for the action and radio tools - does that help? 

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Ahh ok, i see the issue!

The action tools need to be connected to tool container and the not the input tool.

AppContainers3.PNG

Gilld
8 - Asteroid

Ahh I've changed the wires around - still not working...? 

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

@Gilld Almost there...just need to update your action tool a bit...make sure it's configured exactly like this:

AppContainers4.PNG

@LordNeilLord

Data Lover

Labels