Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

R Tool Installed for Designer Version 2019.1

SAMMILU
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I recently upgraded my designer from 2018.2 to 2019.1 because our company Gallery only work with 2019.1. One of my workflow needs to use the R tool in Developer and I am unable to find it on 2019.1 version. Trying to install it thru this link here https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/Install-R-Packages/5d9264328a933711e447387c

But it does not allow me to import it because the installation is under a new Alteryx designer version than 2019.1.

Is there any R installation available for Designer 2019.1?

Thank you so much

7 REPLIES 7
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Can you give this one a try? Place the file in the folder that you would like it extracted to and then you should be able to open and run it from that folder.

SAMMILU
7 - Meteor

Thanks Brandon.

I am able to open it however, it gives me an error below. Do you know how it happens?

clipboard_image_0.png

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Do you have the predictive tools installed? That would normally be the R tool

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Oh, I think I understand now what is going on here. You will want to navigate to licenses.alteryx.com, sign in, and then go to the Alteryx Designer download. There should be an option in there to download the predictive tools. What you were trying to install from the gallery is for installing R packages, not the R tool itself. 

1.png

2.png

3.png

  

SAMMILU
7 - Meteor

I only have these two under the predictive tool. Should I re-installed the predictive tool?

clipboard_image_0.png

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Yes, it looks like you do not have predictive tools installed so you should be able to do so using the instructions in my last comment

SAMMILU
7 - Meteor

It works now! Thank you so much for your help!!

Sammi

Labels