Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Question regarding the tools

JoeChia
7 - Meteor

Colleagues

I am relatively new to this.  This observation is befuddling me.  I have a fairly long workflow.  Here are the statistics-

Union tool - end result 3,686 records

Select tool - end result 3,686 records

Sort tool - end result 3,701 records   - why would the number of records increase if I am only sorting?  I also lost a section of records as well, only further confounding me

Filter tool - end result 3,703 records -  i would have expected this to go down not up.

Any ideas what I am missing?

2 REPLIES 2
JoshuaGostick
11 - Bolide

Hi @JoeChia,

Alteryx only shows you up to 1 MB of data for each tool instead of the whole dataset. Therefore, what you're seeing is only a subset of all the records.

If you want to see all the records, you will need to add a Browse tool after the tool.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Josh

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@JoeChia where are you getting those numbers from? Are they from the workflow messages pane or from looking at the output of the tool?

e.g. here: 

OllieClarke_0-1572442520796.png

or here:

OllieClarke_1-1572442541767.png

If it's the latter and you aren't looking at the output with a browse tool, then Alteryx will only show 1mb of data, rather than the full set - which could be why your numbers are changing

Labels