Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Question on specific and standalone key word match

apoptoticbody
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I am new to alteryx and have a question when trying to do some key word matches ("contains" function in "filter" tool).

Basically, i am going to find records that contains "gene"--- this specific and standalone word in the column [study title], but i don't want to find records that contains degeneration, general, etc. ---the words that has "gene" in it.

My current function is contains([study title], "gene"), wonder how should i refine / adjust it?

Appreciated your help!

2 REPLIES 2
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @apoptoticbody if you want to find an exact word the Find and Replace tool might be a tool to consider. I have mocked up a workflow to show how this would work. Let me know what you think?

apoptoticbody
7 - Meteor

Hi @JosephSerpis 

Much appreciated for the workflow, yes it works for me.

Just a follow-up question, i wonder if there's any way that i can directly edit in the function expression to achieve this?

I was thinking something similar to SQL syntax, for example "%gene%" or "%gene"... not sure if there's similar one for "contains''function expression in alteryx?

Thank you again for your inputs and suggestions!

Labels